Azpen Technology (AZPN) is a provider of process optimization software solutions, which are designed to manage and optimize plant and process design, operational performance, and supply chain planning. This stock is trading up 2% at $24.20 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 686,000Average Volume: 504,042 Volume % Change: 165% Shares of AZPN are moving notably higher today after Cowen noted the company's strong revenue and free cash flow, solid execution, and potential in an under-penetrated opportunity in the manufacturing/supply chain business. Cowen also noted its likelihood as a takeover candidate and reasonable valuation. >>5 Hated Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings From a technical perspective, AZPN is ripping higher here right off some near-term support at $23.50 with above average volume. This move has pushed AZPN into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $23.94. This spike has also pushed AZPN to a new 52-week high of $24.92. At last check, AZPN has hit an intraday high of $24.92 but it has since then pulled back to around $24.20. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as AZPN can maintain a trend above today's low of $23.44 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 504,042 shares as bullish. If AZPN can hold that trend, then this stock a decent chance of hitting $30 in the near future. Keep in mind that APZN also has a ton of previous support at around $22. As of the most recently reported quarter, Azpen was one of George Soros' holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV