Ellie Mae (ELLI) hosts an electronic mortgage origination networks in the U.S. This stock is trading up 6.2% at $25.43 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 808,000Average Volume: 500,234 Volume % Change: 380% Shares of ELLI are ramping higher today after ThinkEquity said it expects the company to continue to benefit from a number of current trends and it reiterated its $30 price target and buy rating on the stock. >>10 Top-Rated Tech Stocks That Pay Big Dividends From a technical perspective, ELLI is ripping to the upside here after the stock briefly traded below some near-term support at $24.61. Volume so far today is tracking in strong and well above its average daily action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if ELLI can manage to hold a trend above today's low of $23.58 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 500,234 shares as bullish. If ELLI can hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its recent high of $29.49. On the flipside, if ELLI breaks below today's low with volume, then it will likely re-test its 50-day moving average of $20.44. Traders should look to buy ELLI anywhere near its 50-day, since the stock has held that level for over six months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV