The Associated Press
COMMODITIES CRUNCH: BHP Billiton Ltd., the world's biggest miner, said its annual profit plunged more than a third as a slowdown in global economic growth led to weaker prices for key commodities.
SHAKY GROUND: In the short-term, BHP expects more volatility in commodity markets amid weakness in manufacturing and construction. In the medium term it expects supportive economic policy and a broad growth, particularly in China.
DIG DELAY: BHP will delay a plan for a massive $30 billion expansion of its Olympic Dam uranium and copper mine in southern Australia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV