Dr. Marc Winter to Lead Elite Teaching Program That Enables More Patients to Benefit from Minimally Invasive Surgeries
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif., Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Continuing its commitment to be at the forefront of advanced medical technology, Saddleback Memorial Medical Center has been chosen as the first Robotic Training Epicenter for gynecologic surgery in Orange County, Calif.
This recognition from Intuitive Surgical places Saddleback Memorial in an elite category as the only Epicenter in Orange County, as well as only one of three designated Epicenters on the West Coast and one of just 23 in the nation.
As an official Epicenter training site, Saddleback Memorial will host gynecologic surgeons from across the nation as they study specialized surgical techniques by observing robotic surgeries in the da Vinci Si surgical suite at Saddleback Memorial.Dr. Marc Winter, M.D., a highly regarded gynecologist and surgeon in Orange County, will lead the teaching program at the Epicenter. According to Intuitive Surgical, Dr. Winter was chosen to lead this prominent training program because of his dedication, experience, excellence in patient outcomes, and passion for teaching. "We are extremely honored to be chosen as an Epicenter training site and to have Dr. Winter lead our robotic training program," says Steve Geidt, CEO for Saddleback Memorial. "We are committed to continually improving the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities through innovation and the pursuit of excellence, and this designation helps us move that mission forward." The da Vinci Si Robotic Surgical System allows surgeons to use a minimally invasive approach in complex procedures with increased precision, versatility, and control. As a result, patients benefit from shorter hospital stays, faster recovery, less pain and scarring, decreased blood loss, and lower risk of infection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV