ORIX Ventures, a leading provider of debt and equity capital for growing technology companies nationwide, and Fuhu, Inc., the creator of the nabi tablet, the world’s first full-featured Android tablet for kids, announced today the closing of a $10 million venture debt financing.
“Fuhu, Inc. is redefining how children interact with technology in ways that are uniquely innovative and inspirational,” said Michael David, Managing Director & Co-Head of ORIX Ventures, the division of Dallas-based ORIX USA Corp that provides both debt and equity financing for growing companies. “We know there is incredible growth in the children’s technology vertical, and we are excited to support Fuhu, Inc. as it continues its category dominance in this dynamic market with the nabi 2 tablet.”
Fuhu, Inc. debuted the nabi 2 tablet last month, the world’s fastest tablet made especially for kids. Built on Android 4.0, the nabi 2 is the only tablet for kids powered by the NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Processor, which allows for a device that is incredibly stable, powerful, graphically superior and more. With its own proprietary Monarch OS and premier content partners, the nabi 2 provides amazing and enriching experiences:
- Learn: nabi 2 was designed for learning, offering state-standardized core curriculum for kids K-5 th grade in Math, Science, English and Social Studies. There are more than 2,500 lessons and 30,000 practice questions that allow kids to master a subject at their own pace. In addition, parents know exactly where their kids excel and need help with the detailed analytics-based N-SITE report.
- Play: the nabi 2 provides the most comprehensive kids entertainment solutions with its Spinlets+ Music and Spinlets+ TV apps, in addition to console-quality HD games, hundreds of ebooks, and much more.
- Grow: The nabi 2 teaches kids to make good choices, rather than limit them. With Chore List, parents can manage their children’s weekly priorities and reward them for completed tasks. As kids complete tasks and master educational lessons, they earn nabi™ Coins, which they can redeem in Treasure Box to buy amazing games, apps, music, videos and accessories.
- For Life: the nabi 2 tablet offers solutions to make parents’ lives easier with nabi™ Sync and nabi™ Cloud, where photos, apps, games and shows can be synched with a Mac or PC, and also saved to the cloud.
In addition, the nabi 2 is a great value, as it comes preloaded with more than $200 worth of free games, songs, books and more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts