RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., Aug. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (Nasdaq:KOOL), a leading supplier of enabling technologies for the processing, storage and administration of cell therapies, today said it has received the $2 million cash payment from Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd., associated with the sale of the CryoSeal Fibrin Sealant System to Asahi.
"We are pleased to have completed this divestiture. The proceeds from the transaction will significantly enhance our balance sheet and be used to fund our long-term strategy of focusing on the development of enabling technologies for the stem cell regenerative market, including our market expansion efforts for our cord blood, PRP and bone marrow stem cell processing and storage offerings. In addition, completing the divestiture serves our initiatives to reduce operating costs through further organizational streamlining," said Matthew Plavan, Chief Executive Officer of ThermoGenesis.
About ThermoGenesis Corp.ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com ) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive ® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP ® AutoXpress ® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP ® MarrowXpress ® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q ® 60 BMC/PRP (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
CONTACT: ThermoGenesis Corp. Web site: http://www.thermogenesis.com Contact: Investor Relations +1-916-858-5107, or Email: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV