BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- You should be buying the stocks that everyone hates right now. In fact, you should be buying the biggest, most hated stocks with both hands this summer.
Why? The research shows that it pays to be contrarian.
I've argued for a long time that it made sense to look at big, financially secure stocks with hefty short interest. After all, piles of shorts in a good name have a very big possibility of getting squeezed and driving share prices higher for the folks on the other side of the trade. But that's not just an opinion -- the data bear that strategy out as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV