CEO Lisa Im took over in 2004 after serving as managing director of the predecessor firm for two years. She came to Performant from the food products industry. The company currently has 1,300 employees in five states around the country.
Performant's services are provided on an outsourced basis, in which it handles a portion or even all of a client's recovery processes. Most of its clients operate in regulated industries and look to third parties for these operations, rather than taking on additional personnel and expenses.
Another benefit to clients is Performant's success-based revenue model, which doesn't require any significant upfront investments. It earns revenue based on the success it has recovering payments from delinquent accounts.
The company went public on Aug. 10 at $9 per share and has largely traded above $10 since then. Private equity sponsor Parthenon Capital received more than 80% of the proceeds, in addition to a $1 million management termination fee. Parthenon led a $167 million recapitalization of the company in 2004, and has held its stake through the public offering.Revenue has climbed 48% in the past three years while net income has risen 147% during that same span. As I said, it is a fast-growing field. The company is now trading at a market cap of $456 million with a relatively clean post-IPO balance sheet fortified with $154 million cash. Consider purchasing around $9.50 to $10, and prepare to collect. At the time of publication, Markman had no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV