SAN DIEGO, Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics NASSCO has been awarded a $104 million contract modification from the U.S. Navy to renovate and modernize the dock landing ship USS Comstock (LSD 45). General Dynamics NASSCO is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
General Dynamics NASSCO received funding to begin modifications to USS Comstock (LSD 45) in April 2012 and began performing onboard renovation and modernization activities in May. Work under this new award, which covers inspection and testing of ship systems and components, will occur in San Diego through May 2013.
"This contract award highlights NASSCO's ship-repair capabilities as a premier provider of maintenance services to the U.S. Navy," said Fred Harris, president of General Dynamics NASSCO. "NASSCO is committed to delivering the same high-quality performance across the board, in new construction as well as ship repair activities, in San Diego, Norfolk and Portsmouth, Va., and Mayport, Fla."
Additional information on General Dynamics NASSCO can be found at www.nassco.com.More information about General Dynamics is available online at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics NASSCO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV