GOUVERNEUR, N.Y., Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Charles C. Van Vleet, President and Chief Executive Officer of Gouverneur Bancorp, Inc. (OTCBB: GOVB) (the "Company") and its subsidiary, Gouverneur Savings and Loan Association (the "Bank"), announced today that the Company's board of directors has declared a semi-annual dividend payment of $0.17 per share for all stockholders of record as of the close of business on September 15, 2012. This dividend will be paid on September 30, 2012.
Mr. Van Vleet commented, "We are proud to announce our 26 th consecutive semi-annual dividend paid by Gouverneur Bancorp, Inc. over the past 13 years. Gouverneur Savings and Loan Association continues to be strong and well-capitalized."
Founded in 1892, the Bank is a federally chartered savings and loan association offering a variety of banking products and services to individuals and businesses in its primary market area of St. Lawrence County and the Alexandria Bay area located in Jefferson County.
Note: This press release may contain certain statements, which are not historical facts or which concern the Bank's future operations or economic performance and which are considered forward-looking statements. Any such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The Bank cautions that all forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, such as changing economic and competitive conditions and other risks and uncertainties. In addition, statements in this news release regarding historical stock price performance are not indicative of or guarantees of future price performance.SOURCE Gouverneur Bancorp, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV