Advance Auto Parts, Inc., (NYSE: AAP), a leading automotive aftermarket retailer of parts, batteries, accessories, and maintenance items, is proud to announce the launch of its 2012 sneaker sales campaign. This year marks Advance’s 19 th consecutive year of support for JDRF in their efforts toward curing, treating, and preventing type 1 diabetes. In the past 18 years, Advance has raised more than $31 million for JDRF, including a record-breaking campaign that raised $5 million for diabetes research in 2011 making Advance JDRF’s number one corporate partner in 2011. Advance and its Team Members are tireless in their efforts to give back to the communities in which they live and work.
“Our annual JDRF Sneaker Campaign is an inspiring time of year for our Company because it clearly shows our Team’s commitment to serving our community. The $31 million-plus that we have raised over the years is proof that Service is our best part - not only for our Commercial and DIY customers, but for our communities as well,” said Darren Jackson, President and Chief Executive Officer. “This year, our team is asking every customer to buy a pair of sneakers to double their support for curing juvenile diabetes and be a superhero's hero. Our team is striving to save the day for people suffering from type 1 diabetes.”
The Company’s sneaker sales program, which will be held at more than 3,600 stores in 39 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, begins tomorrow, August 23 and runs through October 6. Customers can save the day and purchase paper sneakers that benefit the charity including $1, $5, $25 or $50 sneakers. The Advance team then displays the customer purchased paper sneakers in the store windows to show support for this worthwhile cause. Proceeds from every sneaker sold go directly to JDRF and help bring the organization one step closer to finding a cure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV