Vision for Enterprise Information Management Propels the Company Toward the Next Growth Milestone
WATERLOO, ON, Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) CEO Mark J. Barrenechea today outlined details of the company's new strategy to lead the market in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), bringing the company's unique combination of strengths in managing unstructured information and business processes to top organizations across the globe. At its core, EIM aims to help organizations manage and exploit their enterprise information to drive innovation, create competitive advantage and make better decisions about their business.
"Last year, we began broadening our scope well beyond our content management heritage," said Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText CEO. "We will continue on this trajectory, focusing on the next generation of enterprise software, to help our customers maximize the value of their enterprise information without compromising their information governance and security requirements. EIM is the market that represents this broader set of solutions and we intend to aggressively grow our leadership in this space."
With growing volumes of information and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need a set of solutions that enable them to gain better business insight, to create positive business impact, to increase process velocity, to reduce risks related to information governance and to address information security concerns.According to Gartner 1, "Enterprises are attaching an increasing level of urgency to the need to leverage information assets, both inside and outside the enterprise. CEOs and business leaders believe that the strategic value of IT to the business will increase in the next decade — in large part because of the role that technology will play in leveraging information for better business decisions and performance. Enterprises are beginning to recognize that information management technologies should not be approached as a collection of tactical problems, but rather as a coherent set of capabilities that operate on the enterprise's information assets in support of concrete business outcomes." Spanning five key areas, OpenText's EIM strategy helps organizations resolve the information management challenges they increasingly face today:
- Enterprise Content Management Enterprise Content Management (ECM) provides organizations with better insight into how to best leverage their enterprise data and increase the overall impact on their business. ECM includes information governance solutions, which reduce legal, compliance and financial risks through a combination of records management and archiving for all content types. It also includes information security solutions which ensure confidentiality, privacy and access control.
- Business Process Management Business Process Management (BPM) delivers greater flexibility and improved business impact through strategic planning, automation and management of business processes. Additionally, dynamic case management solutions address business problems requiring the orchestration of multi-step processes, while strategic business planning and modeling help organizations respond quickly to market changes.
- Customer Experience Management Customer Experience Management (CEM) focuses on delivering business outcomes by providing customers with optimized, personalized, and contextual experiences at the right time. These solutions help businesses foster better relationships with their customers, partners and employees, improve business insight through web and social analytics and improve their brand assets.
- Information Exchange Information Exchange facilitates the efficient, secure and compliant exchange of information both internally and externally via file transfer, cloud-based file sharing, mobile synchronization, remote access to applications and fax automation.
- Discovery Discovery solutions organize all relevant enterprise information, enabling users to quickly find answers to specific questions and optimize the business impact of their decisions. This is achieved through intelligent metadata extraction and classification, normalizing and linking structured and unstructured information across multiple formats and sources and by providing personalized analytics that support data-driven, automated decision-making.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV