“Total non-accrual loans decreased more than 34% to $17.5 million, or 3.6% of gross loans, at June 30, 2012 compared to $26.7 million, or 5.8 % of gross loans at June 30, 2011,” Mr. Maher added.
Other real estate owned (OREO) was $1.5 million at June 30, 2012 compared to $3.6 million at June 30, 2011. Only two properties remain in OREO. Non-performing assets, which consist of non-accrual loans and OREO, totaled $19.0 million, or 2.9% of total assets, at June 30, 2012, compared to $30.3 million, or 4.7% of total assets, a year ago.
“The continued improved credit quality of the loan portfolio and favorable recent loss history as it relates to our assessment of the adequacy of the allowance for loan losses resulted in a $1.7 million release from the loan loss reserve during the quarter,” Mr. Maher said. In the second quarter a year ago Patriot recorded a $1.5 million provision. The allowance for loan losses totaled $6.7 million, or 1.36% of gross loans, at June 30, 2012 compared to $11.4 million, or 2.46% of gross loans a year ago.
Balance Sheet ReviewTotal assets of $644.3 million at June 30, 2012 were relatively flat compared to $648.2 million at June 30, 2011. Net loans increased to $483.9 million at June 30, 2012, compared to $452.0 million a year ago. At quarter end the loan pipeline totaled $108.2 million, up from $83.5 million at June 30, 2011, which reflects an increasing focus on new loan production, which is targeted to deploy excess liquidity and build fee income. Total deposits were $522.1 million at June 30, 2012, compared to $524.5 million at June 30 of the prior year. Interest bearing deposits decreased $12.5 million but non-interest bearing deposits increased $10.1 million, or 16.4%, from $61.6 million at June 30, 2011 to $71.7 million at June 30, 2012. This increase reflects Patriot’s planned strategy to reduce higher cost deposits with core transaction accounts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV