Amazon has partnered with Indian electronics retailer Croma to sell the Kindle across India. The Kindle being sold is the entry-level, non-touch-screen version. It will be sold for 6,999 Indian Rupees (INR), or about $126. That version sells for $79 in the U.S.
According to Amazon, the India Kindle Store has the "lowest prices of an e-bookstore an India" and offers over one million books. Amazon also launched Kindle Direct Publishing for independent authors with self-published work they would like to upload to the India Kindle Store. U.S. writers also have the ability to upload their self-published work to the store to target Indian consumers.
Amazon has been expanding into various overseas markets in recent months.
Best Buy (BBY) is trending as the retailer suspended profit forecasts and share buybacks for the rest of the year. The retailer cut its fiscal year earnings forecast but did not release an updated exact figure. It said it did not expect to update its outlook for the year. Best Buy, who recently named Hubert Joly as its new chief executive reported net income of $12 million, or 4 cents a share, in the second quarter, down from $150 million, or 39 cents a share, a year go. Best Buy reported weak demand for electronics in key markets like China, which had weaker results than Europe. The company suspended repurchases for the current year as its new CEO is transitioned into his position. Best Buy bought back $122 million worth of shares in the quarter.
Logitech International SA (LOGI) is another popular search. The company has introduced a washable keyboard for PCs. The Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 can be washed multiple times and even submerged in up to 11 inches of water and left out to dry. Holes in the back of the keyboard allows water to drain, while characters on the keyboard are laser-printed and sealed with a UV coating to prevent fading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV