Molson Coors Brewing Company (NYSE:TAP) today announced the issue of its 2012 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report, covering the company’s performance in five key areas: Governance and Ethics, Alcohol Responsibility, Environmental Stewardship, Employees and Community and Responsible Sourcing.
“This past year, Molson Coors made considerable progress in improving what we call ‘ Our Beer Print,’ our impacts on our communities, people and the environment,” said Peter Swinburn, president and CEO of Molson Coors. “Our long-term success as a business depends upon sustainable water use, efficient energy consumption and responsible sourcing. Equally critical is responsible alcohol promotion and engagement of our people and stakeholders in working with us to improve Our Beer Print.”
As part of the 2012 CR report, Molson Coors has announced three ambitious 2020 goals, benchmarked to 2011: 1) improve energy efficiency by 25 percent, 2) increase water efficiency by 20 percent and 3) reduce carbon use by 15 percent.“Our work toward achieving our 2020 targets will drive lower consumption of natural resources, both mitigating our impact and helping us to adapt to climate change,” said Bart Alexander, chief corporate responsibility officer for Molson Coors. “Fresh water and energy are key to our business, and we intend to utilize these resources efficiently and responsibly.” Corporate Responsibility Performance Highlights In 2008, Molson Coors set out to reduce energy and water use by 15 percent by the end of 2012. The company is on track to reach this goal. Molson Coors showed a positive trend in its 2011 environmental impact with:
- A two percent decrease in total water use versus 2010, and 15.25 million hectoliters of water will be saved by the end of 2012 versus 2008 – equivalent to the amount of water used to fill 610 Olympic swimming pools.
- A two percent decrease in absolute electricity use versus 2010, as part of the drive to reduce energy use.
- A 21 percent improvement in carbon emission efficiency versus 2008, enough to power 12,000 U.S. homes for a year.
- Selected for the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index, marking the first year that Molson Coors has been listed. Of the 143 companies listed on the 2011/12 North American Index, Molson Coors is one of only six Food and Beverage companies.
- Recognized as a leader in transparency and performance by the Carbon Disclosure Project, an accomplishment shared with only nine other S&P 500 companies.
- Launched ‘Our Beer Print’ to clearly articulate the company’s CR strategy in a relevant way to employees and key stakeholders. As a result, corporate and environmental responsibility was one of the top three drivers of engagement for employees in 2011, with scores that outperformed the norm for high performing companies.
- Recognized as a top workplace in both the U.S. and Canada.
- Launched the Molson Canadian Red Leaf Project, embedding CR into the brand’s promise. In 2011, more than 2,000 Canadians and employees volunteered to restore community parks, plants trees and clean up shorelines. Together, they planted 100,000 trees, and helped collect more than 129,000 tons of litter across 2,700 kilometers of shoreline as part of the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV