“This investment is important to our strategy of partnering with customers in India and the Asia Pacific region to help them provide medicines to patients more efficiently, reliably and safely,” said Warwick Bedwell, President, Pharmaceutical Packaging Systems, Asia Pacific Region. “When the facility is completed, we anticipate a reduction in lead times for supply to our customers in India. By leveraging our global sourcing activities and process engineering expertise, we will be able to carefully manage the overall costs of production.”
West plans to file Drug Master Files for the plant with the United States Food and Drug Administration and Heath Canada’s Bureau of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
West’s innovative systems, medical device and pharmaceutical component solutions are designed to improve the safety and administration of injectable drugs. West’s proprietary materials science, formulation research and manufacturing technologies can advance the quality, therapeutic value, development speed and rapid market availability of pharmaceuticals, biologics and vaccines. Sales in 2011 totaled US$1.2 billion. West supports its customers from sales, manufacturing, customer support and research and development from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, India and Australia. Global headquarters are in Lionville, Pa., USA. Visit West online at www.westpharma.com. Follow West at www.twitter.com/WestPharma.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV