- Institutional Quality Properties in High Barrier to Entry Markets. The communities have a median age of eight years, and 90% of the communities are Sunrise’s “mansion” prototype. The portfolio is concentrated in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, and London. Approximately 50% of the properties are located in top 5 MSAs and approximately 85% of the properties are located in top 20 MSAs within their respective countries.
- Embedded Investment Pipeline In Excess of Two Billion Dollars. The acquisition includes a real estate pipeline of more than $2 billion that could be realized over time by purchasing additional interests from existing Sunrise joint venture partners. At the time of acquisition, Health Care REIT expects to own on average an approximately 28% interest in the 105 joint venture communities. Of the 105 joint venture communities, 37 have purchase options that are exercisable in 2013, 13 have purchase options that are exercisable in 2014, and 21 are subject to open buy/sell rights that could result in Health Care REIT acquiring a 100% ownership interest.
- Acquisition Structured to Capture Strong NOI Growth. Health Care REIT intends to structure ownership and operation of the wholly owned communities and any joint venture communities, if and when acquired, under RIDEA. Health Care REIT expects property-level net operating income to increase 4% to 5% per year on average over the long term, assuming economic conditions consistent with the current market.
- Future Value Creation. Health Care REIT expects to create additional value for shareholders when joint venture interests are acquired, existing debt is refinanced, and operational and structural efficiencies are achieved.
- Enhanced Diversification and Private Pay Component. The transaction is expected to increase Health Care REIT’s private pay percentage from 74% to 77%. Sunrise will become Health Care REIT’s second largest operator at approximately 11% of the portfolio based on investment balance.
Health Care REIT To Acquire Sunrise Senior Living
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts