Westfield Financial Inc. Stock Downgraded (WFD)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The gross profit margin for WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, WFD's net profit margin of 8.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.23 versus $0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year ($0.23 versus $0.23).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $2.33 million or 44.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow WESTFIELD FINANCIAL INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.90%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 37.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.57 million to $0.97 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts