Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBA)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- RBA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 34.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.03, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 17.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $26.76 million to $31.30 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $43.17 million or 59.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- RBA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 8.32% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.