Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBA)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- RBA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 34.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.03, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 17.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $26.76 million to $31.30 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $43.17 million or 59.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- RBA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 8.32% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.