Owens-Illinois Inc Stock Downgraded (OI)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.65 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, OI maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market, OWENS-ILLINOIS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $99.00 million or 44.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for OWENS-ILLINOIS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.60%. Regardless of OI's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OI's net profit margin of 7.50% compares favorably to the industry average.
- OI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.