Looking at our three major business lines, the net revenues of our P&C insurance segment witnessed a marginal decreases of 0.6% year-on-year, primarily due to increased market competition as insurance companies strengthened the investment in direct sales and telemarketing. Besides insurance companies have been increasing commissions paid to their direct sales channels, just we also need to increase commissions payout to our sales agents benchmarking the market level which further squeezed the profits out of our labor driven sales model and reduced the gross margin of our P&C insurance segment.
On the life insurance side, impacted by the weak performance in the life insurance industry our sales of new policies recorded a negative growth but the total net revenues derived from life insurance business was up nearly 9% from the year ago quarter, primarily driven by the increase in the sales of short-term health insurance and recurring commissions derived from regular premium insurance policies. Recurring premiums recorded a strong growth of 22.5% year-on-year for the second quarter of 2012. Claims adjusting business was relatively stable with net revenues up 7.9% from the year ago quarter, although its gross margin witnessed a slight decrease.
Behind the sudden (inaudible) long, rapid growth of the Chinese insurance market starting from 2011, is inherent efficiency in its expanses development model and industry is in a critical period of structural. In the meantime the regulatory body continues its effort to push the insurance industry in a sustainable and healthy way. Recently, the [CIC] issued a series of rules and regulations that allow insurance companies to broaden their investment scope and continuously launch products and service innovations in an effort to drive insurance companies to strengthen their core competencies in asset management and product design.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV