Globus Medical, Inc. (NYSE:GMED), a leading spinal implant manufacturer, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Sales were $96.0 million, an 18.6% increase from the second quarter of 2011
- Net income increased 19.4% to $19.0 million, or $0.21 per diluted share
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA was 36.1% of sales, comparable with last year
David Paul, Chairman and CEO commented, “I am extremely pleased with our second quarter results. We continue to grow well in excess of the industry averages by introducing better solutions for our customers and patients. In addition, we have maintained our focus on efficient operations and healthy cash flow.”
Second quarter net sales were $96.0 million, compared to $80.9 million last year, representing an 18.6% increase. Increased sales were primarily driven by growth from key disruptive products, including our minimally invasive surgical (MIS) and lateral platform products. International sales grew 38.2% over the same quarter in 2011 and currently represent 7.7% of total sales.
Selling, general and administrative expenses (SG&A) were $41.2 million in the quarter, or 43.0% of sales, up slightly from 41.7% last year. The increase in SG&A is attributable primarily to increased investment in headcount associated with the Company's Algea Therapies interventional pain management division.Net Income for the quarter was $19.0 million or $0.21 per diluted share, as compared to $15.9 million, or $0.18 per diluted share in 2011. Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA was 36.1% of net sales, compared to 35.9% last year. Cash and cash equivalents for the quarter increased by $6.5 million, to end the first half of 2012 at $165.6 million. About Globus Medical, Inc. Globus Medical, Inc. is a leading spinal implant manufacturer and is based in Audubon, Pennsylvania. The company was founded in 2003 by an experienced team of spine professionals with a shared vision to create products that enable spine surgeons to promote healing in patients with spinal disorders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV