Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The market is just marking time, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Tuesday. He said the markets are digesting their gains and giving up just enough to rattle the traders, but not enough to shake out the true believers.
Cramer explained that pullbacks and reversals are a natural part of the stock market, as companies aren't rockets and don't take off in a straight line. This is great news for patient investors, he noted, as pullbacks often give investors great prices to buy in. It may seem counterintuitive, even against human nature, to buy into weakness when everyone else is selling, but that's exactly the right time to buy.
(AAPL), one of the market leaders and a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with John Richels, president and CEO of Devon Energy (DVN), an oil and natural gas producer whose shares have fallen 3% so far this year. Devon Energy is also an Action Alerts PLUS holding. Richels admitted that Devon has seen some challenges this year, starting with an unseasonably warm winter that caused natural gas prices to plummet ever further followed by weakness in Canadian oil and natural gas liquids prices. He noted that oil prices are cyclical in nature and most of the challenges facing Devon are temporary. The company continues to focus on high-return projects, he said, and building its asset base.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV