American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:AFG) (NASDAQ:AFG) announced today the sale of $125 million aggregate principal amount of 5¾% Senior Notes due August 25, 2042. The Senior Notes are redeemable on or after August 25, 2017, at 100% of their principal amount plus accrued and unpaid interest to the redemption date.
AFG intends to apply for listing of the Senior Notes on The New York Stock Exchange. If approved, we expect trading in the Senior Notes to begin within 30 days of issuance under the symbol “AFA.” The net proceeds from the offering will be used to redeem all $115 million aggregate principal amount of our 7⅛% Senior Debentures due 2034 plus accrued and unpaid interest thereon to, but excluding, the date of redemption. Remaining proceeds will be used for general working capital purposes.
This press release does not constitute an offer for sale of any securities. The Senior Notes may be offered only by means of a Prospectus Supplement and accompanying base Prospectus. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, UBS Securities LLC and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC acted as joint book-running managers for the offering. A copy of the Prospectus Supplement and accompanying base Prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained from:
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, at One Bryant Park, New York, NY 10036, toll free number: 1-800-294-1322;
- UBS Securities LLC at 299 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10171, Attn: Prospectus Specialist, toll free number: 1-877-827-6444, ext. 561 3884; and
- Wells Fargo Securities, LLC at 1525 West W.T. Harris Blvd., NC0675, Charlotte, NC 28262, Attn: Capital Markets Client Support, toll free number: 1-800-326-5897.
About American Financial Group, Inc.American Financial Group is an insurance holding company based in Cincinnati, Ohio with assets in excess of $35 billion. Through the operations of Great American Insurance Group, AFG is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and indexed annuities and a variety of supplemental insurance products such as Medicare supplement (in May 2012, the Company reached a definitive agreement to sell its core supplemental insurance operations in a transaction that is expected to close in the third quarter of 2012). Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV