KANSAS CITY, Mo., Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Harley-Davidson Vehicle Assembly Plant in Kansas City announced plans today for its annual Open House. This year's event takes on special significance as it marks 15 years since Harley-Davidson Motor Company began construction on its facility in the Northland.
The FULL BOAR Harley-Davidson Factory Open House is Friday and Saturday, Sept. 7 and 8, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the company's Kansas City facility, 11401 N. Congress Ave. Admission is free.
The FULL BOAR Open House features some truly exciting attractions for motorcycle enthusiasts of all ages:
- Self-guided Harley-Davidson factory tours that allow visitors of all ages to see where Harley-Davidson dreams are made; no motorcycle production is scheduled for the open house dates
- Demo rides on the compete lineup of new 2013 Harley-Davidson motorcycles (valid motorcycle license required)
- The incredible Globe of Death motorcycle stunt show featuring the world famous Ives Brothers (three shows daily)
- Food and merchandise vendors, live music, a kids' play area with giant inflatables and more
One lucky person will win a new 2012 Harley-Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two motorcycle. Raffle tickets are $5 each at the event, with all proceeds benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The live drawing is at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8. You do not need to be present to win.Harley-Davidson chose to locate a new vehicle assembly plant in Kansas City and began construction on the 400,000-square-foot facility in 1997 to meet ever-growing customer demand for its motorcycles. The first Sportster motorcycle assembled in Kansas City was completed in January of 2008. Since then, additional assembly lines for the Dyna and VRSC model families and the Revolution Powertrain have been added. The plant currently employs approximately 800 people. Additional event details and updates will be provided on the Harley-Davidson Facebook page at www.facebook.com/harley-davidson and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/harleydavidson. The FULL BOAR Harley-Davidson Factory Open House is presented by Blue Springs Harley-Davidson, Rawhide Harley-Davidson, St. Joe Harley-Davidson, and Worth Harley-Davidson North. For information on vendor and sponsorship opportunities, contact John Mink at 816-270-8016 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Harley-Davidson Motor Company (NYSE:HOG), the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's website at www.harley-davidson.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV