Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012, ended June 30, 2012.
Mark Fusco, Chief Executive Officer of AspenTech, said, “The fourth quarter was a strong finish to a great year for AspenTech. The company exceeded its fiscal 2012 guidance for each of its key financial metrics, including growth in total license contract value, free cash flow and expense management. Our aspenONE® subscription software offering continues to gain traction in the market and we have a significant opportunity to drive increased product adoption and usage levels over the long term.”
Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 and Recent Business Highlights
- The license portion of total contract value was $1.46 billion at the end of fiscal 2012, which increased 4.6% sequentially and 14.5% compared to the end of fiscal 2011.
- Total contract value, including the value of bundled maintenance, was $1.68 billion at the end of fiscal 2012, which increased 5.4% sequentially and 17.7% compared to the end of fiscal 2011.
- Annual spend, which the company defines as the annualized value of all term license and maintenance revenue contracts at the end of the quarter, was approximately $304 million at the end of fiscal 2012, which increased 4.4% sequentially and 12.7% compared to the end of fiscal 2011.
Summary of Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Financial ResultsAspenTech’s total revenue of $64.0 million increased 22% from $52.6 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- Subscription and software revenue was $45.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, an increase from $28.7 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Services & other revenue was $18.2 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, compared to $23.9 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.