(Updated from 5:43 p.m. EDT with a comment from Honeywell, and clarification on Emerson's total donations to Akin.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Emerson Electric (EMR) is the biggest corporate supporter of the U.S. Senate campaign for Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.), who's under pressure to resign for saying women's bodies can fend off pregnancy in the case of a "legitimate rape."
Akin has received $10,000 from the St. Louis, Mo.-based manufacturing and technology company's political action committee for his U.S. Senate campaign against incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill, according to reports filed with the Federal Election Commission. Akin has received another $26,200 from individuals who work with Emerson, according to opensecrets.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV