Barchart computes a technical support level at 65.17 and the stock recently traded at 65.42 which is above its 50 day moving average of 64.61.
Seventeen Wall Street brokerage firms have assigned 21 analysts to monitor the company's numbers. A consensus estimate projects revenue will be up 2.30% this year and another 3.4% next year. Earnings are estimated to increase by 8.40% this year, an additional 6.30% next year and continue to increase annually around 8.54% over the next 5 years.
These numbers resulted in two analysts issuing Strong Buy recommendations to their clients while eight rated it a Buy, 11 a Hold and one a Sell.
The balance sheet gets an A++ rating. The P/E ratio is 13.58 which is slightly less than the market P/E of 14.60. The dividend rate of 3.07% is close to 40% of projected earnings and above the 2.30% dividend rate of the market.The company markets a wide range of drugs and medical supplies that provide a steady and predictable income stream. The company will split into two divisions later in the year and that new capital structure has not been announced but analysts predict that might enhance stockholder value Investor Interest: The staff of TheStreet thinks this is an A+ stock and the 2,661 individual investors on Motley Fool feel the same way and voted 96% that they feel the stock will beat the market. Wall Street analysts look for investors to receive a total annual return in the 12% to 14% range over the next five years. Since May total short interest has been steadily declining. Abbott Labs stock price held up well against its peers over the past year and was up 31%, while Pfizer (PFE) was up 30%, Novartis (NVS) was up 5% and Merck (MRK) was up 36%. Some quick comparisons of its peers are below. Pfizer:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV