WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club announced the opening of its newest Massachusetts location at 175 Highland Avenue in Seekonk. The 109,000 square-foot club offers significant savings on groceries and general merchandise including premium consumer electronics and brand-name appliances. Additionally the Club will feature a fresh bakery, BJ's Cafe, deli, optical services, rotisserie chicken, Verizon Wireless Kiosk and tire center with propane. This fall, a BJ's gas station also will open.
In recognition of the new Club opening, BJ's will host Grand Opening Celebrations on Saturday, August 25 and Sunday, August 26. Current Members and the public at large are invited to sample a variety of foods and beverages, get samples from the Swedish Fish truck and visit with balloon artists and face painters. BJ's also will give away reusable shopping bags and provide information about the club's growing selection of organic and all-natural foods.
BJ's Wholesale Club takes great pride in being a good corporate citizen and is dedicated to giving back to the Seekonk community . The new Seekonk Club has partnered with the Mildred H. Aitkin and Kennedy Intermediate schools as part of BJ's Adopt-a-School program. Each school will receive a donation to enhance educational programs and curriculum objectives and a shopping cart full of school supplies. BJ's also will donate $2,500 to the Newman YMCA for the "Out of School Time" program and provide $2,500 to the East Bay Community Action Program to support its health clinic.
"BJ's is excited to open in Seekonk and provide area residents with a convenient location that satisfies all their shopping needs," said Dave Farina, general manager of BJ's Wholesale Club in Seekonk. "We also look forward to establishing strong relationships within the region and serving our Adopt-a-School and community partners."With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ's Wholesale Club places greater emphasis on satisfying consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items, including grocery store and stock-up sizes.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
- Variety and Selection – With more than 7,000 products, BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry.
- Quality and Brands – BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as locally-grown produce, USDA "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and certified organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options – For added convenience, BJ's also offers the most payment options of any wholesale club. In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa ®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need – all under one roof. Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time.