The Mountain View, Calif.-based Internet search company appears on the Goldman Sachs list most frequently after Apple. It's a top-10 holding 63 times, and 96 times among hedge funds with 10 to 200 positions. Google shares account for an average portfolio weighting of 6% among the 10 biggest holdings.
Google shares have underperformed this year, gaining only 3.7%. However, over the past month, Google has gained 9.6%, doubling the 4.8% return in the Nasdaq. Google had strong second-quarter results, exceeding analysts' consensus.Google is attacking Apple on the tablet front, and that's piquing investor interest. Google is launching the Nexus 7 tablet, a 7-inch tablet, priced at $199.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV