Apple makes the most frequent appearance among hedge funds used to generate Goldman Sachs' list, appearing as a top-10 holding 113 times, and 150 times among hedge funds with 10 to 200 positions. Shares of the Cupertino, Calif.-based maker of the iPhone account for an average portfolio weighting of 8% among those top 10 holdings.
Apple shares have been a stalwart this year, gaining 62%, far outpacing the 18% gain in the Nasdaq. Even though Apple missed analysts' estimates in the third quarter, investors are excited about the iPhone 5 and potential iPad Mini, expected to be released in September.What We Know About the iPhone 5 Apple recently became the most valuable company ever, surpassing Microsoft, which set the mark at the height of the dot-com boom in December 1999.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV