3 Stocks Under $5 Ripping Higher
Merge Healthcare (MRGE) develops software solutions that facilitate the sharing of images to create an electronic healthcare experience for patients and physicians. This stock is trading up 5.2% at $3.19 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.04-$3.2252-Week Range: $2.20-$7.23 Volume: 150,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 532,800>>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, MRGE is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $3.03 with light volume. This bounce is also coming right near its 50-day moving average of $2.92. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once MRGE triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once MRGE takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.25 to $3.30, and then $3.54 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 532,800 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MRGE could re-fill a previous gap back to $4, and possibly even tag its 200-day moving average of $4.41. Traders should key off of $2.84 to $2.92 for near-term support levels. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV