3 Stocks Under $5 Ripping Higher
Astex Pharmaceuticals (ASTX) engages in the discovery and development of small molecule therapeutics with a focus on oncology and hematology. This stock is trading up 14.6% to $2.75 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.42-$2.8052-Week Range: $1.51-$2.95 Volume: 1.1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 637,953 >>5 Biotech Stocks Under $5 Blasting Off From a technical perspective, ASTX is ripping huge to the upside here right off some near-term support at $2.40 with monster volume. This move has pushed ASTX into breakout territory, since it's taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $2.60. Traders should now watch for the next major breakout trade to trigger for ASTX. That trade will hit once ASTX takes out some past overhead resistance levels at $2.78 to $2.95 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once ASTX sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 637,953 shares. At last check, ASTX has hit an intraday high of $2.80 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 637,953 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for ASTX to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $3.21 to $3.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV