Silvercorp Metals (SVM) is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and mining of silver-related mineral properties in China and Canada. This stock is trading up 5.8% to $5.87 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.66-$5.9952-Week Range: $4.89-$10.08 Volume: 1.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.2 million From a technical perspective, SVM is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day moving average of $5.50, and it's taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $5.60 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing SVM within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once SVM clears some near-term overhead resistance at $6 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once SVM sustains a move or close above $6 with volume that's near or above 1,224,720 shares. At last check, SVM has hit an intraday high of $6 and volume is well above its three-month average of 1.2 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then SVM has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $6.57 to $7.28. Traders should now use the 50-day at $5.50 to key off of for near-term support. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV