Green Plains Renewable Energy
Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE) is a vertically integrated producer, marketer and distributer of ethanol. Green Plains operates in four segments: ethanol production, corn oil production, agribusiness and marketing and distribution segment. This stock is trading up 6.3% at $4.89 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.53-$4.9552-Week Range: $3.57-$12.00 Volume: 174,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 286,184 >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, GPRE is moving sharply higher here right off some near-term support at $4.50 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing GPRE within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once GPRE takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4.89 and its 50-day moving average of $5.29 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once GPRE sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 286,184 shares. At last check, GPRE has hit an intraday high of $4.96 and volume is below its three-month average action of 286,184 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GPRE will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $6.44.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV