Warren Resources (WRES) is an independent energy company engaged in the exploration, development and production of domestic onshore crude oil and gas reserves. This stock is trading up 3.8% to $3.08 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.99-$3.1752-Week Range: $2.08-$4.36 Volume: 205,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 337,534 >>9 Oil Stocks With Hot Prospects From a technical perspective, WRES is bouncing higher here right off its 200-day moving average of $2.96 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing WRES within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once WRES takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $3.20 with high volume. At last check, WRES has hit an intraday high of $3.18 and volume is below its average action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once WRES sustains a move or close above $3.20 with volume that's near or above 337,534 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for WRES to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $3.47 to $3.80. Traders should key off of near-term support at $2.86 if you buy off weakness to anticipate that breakout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV