Today, Quest Software announced that the company’s industry-leading Foglight® solution is positioned in the leaders quadrant of the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring (APM), a report issued on August 16, 2012 by Gartner Inc. that evaluates vendors offering comprehensive APM solutions.
As hybrid cloud computing, virtualization, mobile and software-as-a-service-based applications continue to gain momentum in business, monitoring the health and performance of applications is critical to business success. Quest Software’s Foglight solution makes it easy for enterprise IT teams to proactively identify and diagnose application design or performance issues before they adversely impact end users and the business.
Tweet This: Quest @Foglight positioned in the leaders quadrant in @Gartner #APM MQ. http://bit.ly/O39Yre – via @Quest
- Gartner positions Quest Software in the leaders quadrant in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for APM.
- Gartner evaluated 15 vendors on their “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision,” requiring each vendor meet all five APM dimensions.
- Quest continues to take a fully integrated approach to the five dimensions of APM as identified by Gartner: end-user experience monitoring; user-defined transaction profiling; application component discovery, modeling and display; application component deep dive monitoring in application context; and analytics.
- This report comes after Quest’s recent introduction of Foglight for Windows Azure™ Applications, a SaaS performance monitoring solution based on Windows Azure. SaaS support was a criterion for inclusion in the Gartner 2012 MQ.
- Foglight has enabled thousands of companies to simplify APM, eliminate business-impacting performance issues, and provide the necessary metrics to forecast changes needed to support shifts in the market.
- The award-winning solution reduces the experience level and effort required to monitor complex applications that span end users, applications, databases, operating systems and networks.
- Unlike other APM leaders, Foglight optionally extends beyond purely application support personnel to enable database administrators, ESX administrators, network administrators and other IT teams to simply and efficiently collaborate during incident and problem management activities with a tightly integrated, ‘single version of the truth’ that satisfies all technology stakeholders.
- Additionally, Foglight’s user experience monitoring capabilities uniquely extend beyond performance alone to provide business stakeholders unprecedented visibility via replay and analytics on every click made by every user on a web application.
- Using a single code base and an adaptive design for fast deployment and accelerated time-to-value, Foglight offers the modular flexibility required to deliver a range of capabilities and sophistication that meets the needs of any organization.
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring: http://www.quest.com/gartner-magic-quadrant
- Application performance monitoring: http://www.quest.com/foglight
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: www.quest.com/twitter
- Facebook: www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: www.quest.com/linkedin
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV