Today, Quest Software announced that the company’s industry-leading Foglight® solution is positioned in the leaders quadrant of the
2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant
Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
, a report issued on August 16, 2012 by Gartner Inc. that evaluates vendors offering comprehensive APM solutions.
As hybrid cloud computing, virtualization, mobile and software-as-a-service-based applications continue to gain momentum in business, monitoring the health and performance of applications is critical to business success. Quest Software’s
solution makes it easy for enterprise IT teams to proactively identify and diagnose application design or performance issues before they adversely impact end users and the business.
Quest @Foglight positioned in the leaders quadrant in @Gartner #APM MQ.
– via @Quest
Quest Foglight Enables IT Administrators to Meet Today’s Evolving APM Needs:
- Gartner positions Quest Software in the leaders quadrant in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for APM.
- Gartner evaluated 15 vendors on their “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision,” requiring each vendor meet all five APM dimensions.
- Quest continues to take a fully integrated approach to the five dimensions of APM as identified by Gartner: end-user experience monitoring; user-defined transaction profiling; application component discovery, modeling and display; application component deep dive monitoring in application context; and analytics.
- This report comes after Quest’s recent introduction of Foglight for Windows Azure™ Applications, a SaaS performance monitoring solution based on Windows Azure. SaaS support was a criterion for inclusion in the Gartner 2012 MQ.
John Newsom, vice president and general manager, Performance Monitoring, Quest Software
- Foglight has enabled thousands of companies to simplify APM, eliminate business-impacting performance issues, and provide the necessary metrics to forecast changes needed to support shifts in the market.
- The award-winning solution reduces the experience level and effort required to monitor complex applications that span end users, applications, databases, operating systems and networks.
- Unlike other APM leaders, Foglight optionally extends beyond purely application support personnel to enable database administrators, ESX administrators, network administrators and other IT teams to simply and efficiently collaborate during incident and problem management activities with a tightly integrated, ‘single version of the truth’ that satisfies all technology stakeholders.
- Additionally, Foglight’s user experience monitoring capabilities uniquely extend beyond performance alone to provide business stakeholders unprecedented visibility via replay and analytics on every click made by every user on a web application.
- Using a single code base and an adaptive design for fast deployment and accelerated time-to-value, Foglight offers the modular flexibility required to deliver a range of capabilities and sophistication that meets the needs of any organization.
“Over the past 20 years, we’ve worked closely with our global customers to develop a robust application performance monitoring solution that can monitor everything from critical infrastructure to end user website performance. Our customers regularly tell us that our unique differentiators, particularly as they relate to our end user monitoring capabilities, make Foglight far more cost justifiable than any of the APM-only point solutions on the market, while at the same time providing opportunities for practical tool consolidations to further reduce complexity and costs. We are pleased to be in the leaders quadrant of the Gartner 2012 APM Magic Quadrant, as we feel this confirms our commitment to providing customers with a leading APM solution that uniquely addresses critical issues for both business and IT stakeholders.”
About the Magic Quadrant:
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.