- Bal des Lumières to raise funds for Hôpital Louis-H. Lafontaine, Douglas Institute, and the Mental Illness Foundation
- George Cope joined by co-chairs Serge Godin, Geoff Molson and Louis Vachon
- Bell Centre to host "An evening of enlightenment and hope" March 20, 2013
MONTREAL, Aug. 21, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today announced it will be presenting the largest-ever fundraising event for mental health in Québec. Bal des Lumières, to be held March 20, 2013, at the Bell Centre in Montréal will raise funds for the Fondation de l'Hôpital Louis-H. Lafontaine, the Mental Illness Foundation, and the Douglas Mental Health University Institute Foundation.
"Bal des Lumières will set a new standard for mental health fundraising in Montréal and Québec," said George Cope, President and CEO of BCE and Bell, and Chair of the event. "I'm very pleased to be joined by some of Québec's most distinguished business leaders in building on the progress of the Bell Let's Talk initiative and the fight against the stigma of mental illness."
Joining Mr. Cope as co-chairs of Bal des Lumières are Serge Godin, Founder and Executive Chairman of the Board, CGI; Geoff Molson, Owner, President and Chief Executive Officer, Club de hockey Canadien, Bell Centre & evenko; and Louis Vachon, President and CEO, National Bank. These leaders of Québec industry and culture have joined to shine a spotlight on mental health and raise funds for three of Montréal's most important mental health organizations."The last two years have seen major progress in highlighting mental health while breaking the stigma of mental illness," said Mr. Godin. "Collectively we are committing to making the next leap in converting awareness of mental illness - which after all affects 1 in 5 of us - into much needed funding for these three leading organizations in Québec mental health."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV