Professional Development Center At The University Of Texas At Austin Presents Travel And Lecture Tour In Guatemala
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Professional Development Center (PDC) at The University of Texas at Austin is proud to announce an exciting travel and educational expedition to Guatemala. On October 3-7, PDC hosts "Tour of Guatemala," a cultural journey from Austin to Antigua that includes a series of lectures and tours covering the culture, history and architecture of the region. UT PDC is an enterprise of the university's Division of Continuing and Innovative Education.
"I'm so proud to offer this unique opportunity for both students and travelers to join us on this one-of-a-kind educational tour to historic Antigua, Guatemala and the surrounding area," says Liliya Spinazzola, director of the Professional Development Center. "This offering allows participants to truly experience the rich culture and history of this Latin American region. It's one thing to be a tourist, it's quite another to visit a foreign country side-by-side with world-class educators and experts to add depth to the experience."
This tour is based at Casa Herrera, a fully restored 17th century Spanish Colonial property located in the heart of Antigua. The Casa is operated by the Mesoamerica Center, a program of the university's Department of Art and Art History in the College of Fine Arts.
The extensive agenda for "Tour of Guatemala" includes:
- Walking Tour of Antigua with author Elizabeth Bell. Visit the City Hall Palace, Palace of the Captain's General, and the majestic ruins found in the Paseo de los Museos.
- Coffee plantation tour and tasting at Finca Filadelfia, one of the oldest and most established coffee estates in Guatemala.
- History of Religion/Current Religious Practices lecture and tour of the historic Iglesia de San Francisco cathedral.
- Archeology and Glyphs lecture and field trip to Iximche Archaeological Park.
- Expedition to the Chichicastenango Market to explore textiles and handicrafts unique to Guatemalan artisans.
- Volcano Climb at Pacaya Volcano National Park.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV