The joint announcement made by VMware and Mitel at VMworld 2011 showcased a significant technical achievement— streaming virtualized voice to a virtual desktop without significant performance and latency issues. Today's announcement represents a comparable technology breakthrough from Mitel, Vidyo and VMware to enable media streaming by separating communications into two pieces — the rich media component and the call-processing component that sets up the connections. The call-processing component is transmitted through the data center whereas the rich media component is transmitted directly to the endpoints, enabling the quality over existing networks without sacrificing performance in the data center.
"Mitel and Vidyo have demonstrated what is possible with a strong partner community. Both companies are committed to an open architectural approach, and this has enabled us to work together to achieve dramatic technical leaps that better serve our customers," said Vittorio Viarengo, vice president, End-User Computing, VMware. "As evidenced by today's announcement, we are continually pushing the bounds of what is possible with VDI and VMware View®."
"This development allows us to deliver yet another important collaboration mode for virtualized UCC deployments," said Stephen Beamish, vice president, Business Development, Mitel. "It's further validation of the power and flexibility that enterprise voice virtualization provides for end customers."
Interested parties can view a live demo of the joint solution at VMworld 2012 in booths #2512 and 2530. VMworld 2012 is taking place at San Francisco's Moscone Center Aug. 26-30. Mitel will also participate in a series of international VMware events this fall including VMworld Europe in Barcelona, VMware Solutions Symposiums in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, and VMware Forum in Singapore and Australia.Additional Resources
- VMware Twitter: @VMwareEvents (hashtag #vmwarecloud)
- Vidyo Twitter: @Vidyo
- Vidyo blog: www.vidyo.com/blog
- Twitter: @VMwareEvents (hashtag #vmwarecloud), @Mitel
- VMworld and Mitel Blogs: http://www.vmworld.com/blogs/vmworld ; www.mitel.com/mitelfreedom
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV