SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 21, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel, Vidyo, Inc., and VMware today jointly unveiled a new, integrated solution combining UCC and video conferencing with VMware View®. Specifically, Mitel and Vidyo have integrated Mitel's virtualized Unified Communicator® (UC) Advanced client software and the VidyoConferencing™ collaboration solution with VMware View to deliver a single, unified solution that enables collaboration over any medium while delivering reduced costs, increased security and simplified management of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
Desktop virtualization using VMware View offers IT tremendous benefits by moving desktops and applications into the cloud and delivering them as a managed service. This enables process automation efficiency, increased security and reduction in the total cost of desktop ownership. This joint solution will enable IT to deliver video conferencing, voice, presence, secure instant messaging, audio and web conferencing, document sharing, voice messaging and email, all unified with complete desktop functionality. Users simply sign on once to a terminal or use their VMware View client to instantly gain access to all collaboration mediums in addition to their desktops.
"Video is an obvious next step in VDI applications, and this joint solution demonstrates the continuing leadership of VMware and its strong partner ecosystem," said Charles King, analyst at Pund-IT, Inc. "Solving the performance and resource issues related to voice in VDI solutions was hard enough. But the ability to deliver business-quality video in a virtualized environment requires overcoming significant technical hurdles, especially when you take an open approach versus the proprietary 'walled garden' products offered by some vendors. If the collaboration between Mitel, and Vidyo and VMware performs as we expect it to, the results will be groundbreaking."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV