Today, Chase and LivingSocial announced the 12 small businesses that will receive grants of $250,000 each through Mission: Small Business SM, a grant program designed to increase awareness of the important role small businesses play in local communities. Supported by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, nearly 70,000 small businesses registered and 3.1 million consumers showed their support by voting for their favorite small businesses.
Participating small businesses from across the country were evaluated based upon their applications which were required to demonstrate a feasible growth plan, creativity, overall passion for their business and the potential to make a positive impact within the local community. Selected by a panel of small business experts, the Mission: Small Business grant recipients are:
- Bright Power (New York, NY) – Leading provider of energy management solutions that save building owners energy, money and time
- Carmin Industries (Jacksonville, AL) – Veteran, woman-owned job shop specializing in parts for architectural, aerospace and defense, and commercial industries
- Didrick Medical (Naples, FL) – Supplier of the world’s first active-function artificial finger assembly designed specifically for partial finger amputees
- EcoScraps (Provo, UT) – Creator of nutrient-enriched soil from recycled fruits and vegetables, which grows healthy plants in an environmentally friendly way
- Ellessco LLC (Ventura, CA) – Producer of reusable travel bags with inflatable air chambers that protect and insulate liquids and fragile items
- Lasher Sport (Anchorage, AK) – Producer of custom, diverse, high quality, highly functional and great looking wheelchairs, sports chairs and handcycles for the disabled community
- PlanetReuse® (Kansas City, MO) – Consulting and brokering company that matches materials with designers, builders and owners to serve LEED efforts and sustain the planet while cutting costs
- RonWear Port-able Clothing® (Beachwood, OH) – Clothing manufacturer of stylish and functional premium “treatmentwear” for men and women facing health challenges
- Skillastics® (Corona, CA) – Product manufacturer dedicated to fighting child obesity through fitness and sport-specific activity games for varying ages, fitness levels and group sizes
- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen™ (San Francisco, CA) – The first restaurant in San Francisco dedicated to serving award-winning grilled cheese sandwiches using the best quality local and unique ingredients
- UsedCardboardBoxes.com (Los Angeles, CA) – Firm dedicated to buying quality used boxes from companies and reselling as a low-cost, eco-friendly alternative to buying new boxes
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream (Brooklyn, NY) – Creator of simple ice creams made through traditional methods that celebrate the best ingredients from small producers
“We were overwhelmed by the number of passionate small businesses that applied for the Mission: Small Business grant program and the number of consumers that showed their support,” said Richard Quigley, president, Business Card, Chase. “Every day, small businesses inspire us and fuel economic growth. Mission: Small Business is another way we can support small businesses for all they do in their local communities and across the country.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV