Second Quarter 2012 Revenue Breakdown by Business Unit (USD in thousands)
|Q2 2012||%||Q2 2011||%||% Change|
|Internet Advertisement||$ 5,358||41%||$ 6,457||71%||-17%|
|TV Advertisement||$ 6,144||47%||$ 2,059||23%||+198%|
|Bank Kiosk||$ 71||1%||$ 138||2%||-49%|
|Brand Mgmt. & Sales Channel Expansion||$ 1,554||12%||$ 427||5%||+264%|
Revenue from Internet advertisement for the three months ended June 30, 2012 declined by 17% to $5.4 million compared to the three months ended June 30, 2011, primarily due to a significant reduction in value added services revenues, as branded clients reduced their advertising spending. Sales of brand management and sales channel expansion increased 264% to $1.6 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012 due to an increase in the average advertising spending per customer from larger-sized clients. TV advertising revenues increased from $2.1 million in the second quarter of 2011 to $6.1 million in the second quarter of 2012.
Total cost of revenues increased to $9.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012 from $3.4 million for the same period in 2011. The increase of total cost of revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2012 was primarily due to the significant increase in costs associated with the TV advertising business segment.
Gross profit for the three months ended June 30, 2012 was $3.8 million compared to $5.6 million in the same period a year ago. Gross margin decreased to 28.7% from 62.2% for the same period in 2011 as a result of the significant increase of the low margin TV advertising revenue, which accounted for approximately 47% of total revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2012 compared to 23% for the same period of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV