Revenues were consistent at approximately $19.3 million for each period. The slight 0.3% increase in comparable restaurant sales for the second quarter of 2012 was comprised of a 4.1% increase in average check which was partially offset by a 3.8% decrease in entrée counts. This increase follows a comparable restaurant sales increase of 11.2% in the second quarter of last year. Operating weeks for the quarter remained consistent at 240 for both periods.
Restaurant-level EBITDA* increased 5.6% to $3.5 million in the second quarter of 2012 from $3.3 million in the second quarter of 2011, as the concept benefitted primarily from lower cost of sales and restaurant operating expenses partially offset by higher marketing and advertising costs as a percentage of revenues.
Restaurant PortfolioAs of June 12, 2012, the Company owned and operated 32 restaurants across 18 states, including nine Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, 20 Sullivan's Steakhouse, and three Del Frisco's Grille locations. During the second quarter, one Del Frisco's Grille was opened in Phoenix, Arizona. The Company closed a Sullivan's in Dallas, Texas on June 30, 2012 and completed the sale of the underlying property to a third party shortly thereafter. On July 14, 2012, the Company opened a Del Frisco's Grille in Washington, D.C. Outlook Del Frisco's Restaurant Group, Inc. is providing the following guidance for the full fiscal year 2012, which ends on December 25, 2012.
- Total comparable restaurant sales increase of 3% to 4%
- One Del Frisco's and three Del Frisco's Grille openings and one Sullivan's closing
- Cost of sales of 30.6% to 31.0% of consolidated revenues
- Restaurant-level EBITDA* of 23.3% to 23.8% of consolidated revenues
- Effective tax rate of approximately 31% to 32%
- Gross capital expenditures (before tenant allowances) of $30 million to $31 million
- Annual weighted average diluted common shares outstanding of approximately 20.6 million
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV