Revel Systems Brings IPad Cash Register To Supermarket Industry With Launch Of Grocery IPad Point-Of-Sale System
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Revel Systems, the leader in iPad point-of-sale (POS) solutions, today released a new version of its POS system designed specifically for supermarkets and grocery stores. The launch of Revel Systems' Grocery POS software solution at Marty's Market—a specialty market with five checkout lanes in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania that focuses on bringing fresh, all-natural food to its customers—marks the expansion of Revel's successful customer base of restaurants, food trucks and retail establishments into an industry segment that has long been in need of point-of-sale updates to meet the changing demands of new generations of customers.
"We've seen so many great benefits of the system in the time we've had it live in our store," said Lawrence Capozzolo, Head of IT for Marty's Market. "With its now familiar intuitive touchscreen interface, the iPad makes it so simple for our employees to learn so that we don't have to spend days training them. Adding to the simplicity and compactness of the iPad POS system, the solution ties in to our flatbed scanner and card reader in a way that matches the flow of our store."
According to " Trouble in Aisle 5," a recent study by Jefferies.com and Alix Partners, the Millennial generation (those born between 1982 and 2001) will surpass the Baby Boomer generation in buying power over the next decade, so grocery stores throughout the industry are paying more attention to what this group demands. Coupled with the fact that Millennials are more focused on technology than prior generations, this triggered Revel Systems' plan to build a Grocery POS system to tackle the growing industry of specialty grocery stores. These stores need a Grocery POS system that can suit the needs not only of their business, but also of their clientele, making Revel's flexible Grocery POS a great fit with outlets like Marty's Market.Features of Revel's Grocery POS system include:
- Integration with Dwolla, a new payment platform that charges no fees for transactions under $10 and only 25 cents per transaction for any amount over $10 with no service agreement or cancellation fees for the stores. LevelUp's payment platform is also a supported plug-in.
- Hardware connections via wireless connection through Revel Systems' Revel Router to best-of-breed peripherals that include Honeywell flatbed scanners, Epson printers, chip/PIN attachment for PIN debit transactions, cash drawers, scales and more
- Import/export of products made just for supermarkets to enable price changing on the fly
- Price-embedded SKUs that enable deli and other sections of the store to preprint price-embedded barcodes to expedite front register scans
- Grocery Store API that allows modification of products at an advanced level
- Coupon capability to scan manufacturer coupons or printable online coupons
- Customer-facing kiosk mode for self-checkout lanes
- Full-blown POS back-end features that include real-time reporting for inventory control, employee scheduling and more
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV