FalconStor Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC), a market leader in disk-based data protection, today announced the latest version of RecoverTrac™ technology, offering customers fully automated recovery of complete IT services in any data center environment. Key enhancements in RecoverTrac 2.5 enable lightning-fast recovery in mixed physical and virtual environments, failover and failback between dissimilar hardware, and non-disruptive disaster recovery (DR) testing. As a standard feature of FalconStor® Continuous Data Protector (CDP) and FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) solutions, the RecoverTrac DR automation tool allows customers to protect critical business services and recover these services in minutes.
“At the core of every business lies its most valuable asset, data, which must be protected against human error, equipment failure and natural disasters, while at the same time always being available,” said Darrell Riddle, senior director of product marketing at FalconStor Software. “Every minute companies focus on recovering data and critical IT services is time lost running the business. By automatically recovering multiple services and systems, or even an entire site, in minutes rather than hours or days, RecoverTrac 2.5 gives IT administrators something they aren't getting enough of – sleep."
IT managers need to manage and protect mixed environments composed of physical and virtual assets and equipment from multiple vendors. RecoverTrac 2.5 technology is optimized for today’s heterogeneous data centers with enhancements that increase the speed and flexibility of DR automation, including:
- Lightning-fast recovery: Performance improvements and the ability to recover multiple machines simultaneously return organizations to full productivity in minutes.
- Any-to-any recovery: Integration with VMware and Hyper-V and support for hardware templates enables failover and failback between any combination of physical and virtual servers and between dissimilar hardware.
- Greater VMware support: VMware vSphere 5 and VMware cluster support enables load balancing and high-availability configurations.
- Automated push-button DR rehearsal: Allows busy IT managers to test and refine recovery processes on a regular basis without disrupting business operations.
“IT resilience and data protection are key elements to a company’s success,” said John Morency, research vice president at Gartner. “Businesses must be able to recover quickly following a disruptive event, whether it is a lost file or the failure of a complex application or service. In failing to execute well-tested disaster recovery, companies face the prospect of significant downtime, diminished employee productivity, and lost revenue. Failover/failback automation ensures that IT managers can deploy and test DR processes far more efficiently and effectively, resulting in a significant reduction of the business impact of planned downtime.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV