- Net income on a comparable basis for the fourth quarter of $12.9 million increased 5% over the third quarter
- EBITDA on a comparable basis for the fourth quarter of $32.5 million increased 10% over the third quarter
- Record net income of $54.6 million for fiscal 2012 increased 3% from fiscal 2011
- Record EBITDA of $129.1 million for fiscal 2012 increased 7% from fiscal 2011
- Cash flow from operating activities of $56.2 million in the fourth quarter, compared to $23.0 million in the third quarter
- GSM increased its annual dividend by 25% to $0.25 per share, payable quarterly in September, December, March and June.
NEW YORK, Aug. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. (Nasdaq:GSM) (the "Company") today announces results for the fourth quarter and fiscal 2012 ended June 30, 2012.
Net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012 of $705.5 million were up 10% from the prior year. Shipments of 233,102 MT were flat with the prior year. Net income attributable to GSM for the year was $54.6 million, a record, compared to $52.8 million in the prior year. Diluted earnings per share for the year were $0.71 per share, compared to $0.69 per share in the prior year. EBITDA for the year was $129.1 million, a record, compared to $120.8 million in the prior year. EBITDA on a comparable basis was $140.9 million, a record, compared to $128.1 million in the prior year.
Net sales for the quarter of $191.7 million were up 11% from the third quarter of fiscal 2012 and 9% from the prior year. Shipments of 66,683 MT were up 10% from the third quarter and up 18% from the prior year. The increase from the third quarter is largely due to the timing of customer shipments and the acquisition of Quebec Silicon.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts