- Top six will now battle it out to become Canada's Next Top Sportscaster - Season premiere airs September 24 on theScore
TORONTO, Aug. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - The search for Canada's Next Top Sportscaster is now down to just six people after Score Media Inc. and Gillette Canada revealed the final line-up for the next season of Gillette DRAFTED.
The six hopefuls will now go head-to-head over eight episodes, beginning September 24 on theScore, competing for a one-year contract as Score Media's newest sportscaster - contributing to theScore Television Network, theScore.com and ScoreMobile - plus a one-year term as the face of Gillette in Canada.
They are: Andrew Damelin from Toronto, Ontario; Chris Ross from Vancouver, British Columbia; Matt Drappel from Toronto, Ontario; Nasr Ahmed from Brampton, Ontario; Nate Jurgens from North Battleford, Saskatchewan; Ray Lontoc from Toronto, Ontario.Video: Our judging panel announces the final six Each was chosen following an exhaustive selection process, which began with Canada-wide auditions and culminated in 24 hopefuls facing a series of rigorous challenges at Gillette DRAFTED Boot Camp and online sports trivia and social media challenges on Drafted.ca. Visitors to Drafted.ca were invited to vote for their favourite finalists, with the top-two vote-getters earning a place on Gillette DRAFTED. Nate and Andrew won the online voting element, with more than 125,000 votes cast in total. The remaining four were carefully selected by an expert judging panel based on their performances at Boot Camp, the social and trivia challenges and their general on-screen presence. "We congratulate each of the six finalists, but the real hard work for them begins now," said Benjie Levy, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Score Media. "It'll be a challenging time, but also a hugely rewarding one and we know we've got six very talented people who'll make for a fascinating and entertaining season of Gillette DRAFTED." Gillette has a rich history in sports with more than 100 years in the arena and is proud of Gillette DRAFTED'S evolution over the last three seasons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV