Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Public Service Enterprise Group fell 35 cents (-1.1%) to $32.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Public Service Enterprise Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.12-$32.49 after having opened the day at $32.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.67. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS), down 4.4%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), down 2.7%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation (CLNE), down 2.6%, and Artesian Resource Corporation (ARTNA), down 2.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PEG
Public Service Enterprise Group Becomes #93 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing Tenet Healthcare
Public Service Enterprise Group Becomes #89 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing Motorola Solutions
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV