Earlier today, Altria announced that the total aggregate principal amount of Notes validly tendered and not validly withdrawn at or prior to the Early Tender Deadline was $3,705,501,000, which amount exceeds the Tender Cap. Since Altria will accept for payment only such portion of the tendered Notes that does not result in it purchasing Notes with an aggregate principal amount above the Tender Cap, Altria will purchase a portion of the validly tendered 9.700% Notes due 2018 and 9.250% Notes due 2019 and will not purchase any 9.950% Notes due 2038 or 10.200% Notes due 2039, in accordance with the terms of the tender offer set forth in the Offer to Purchase. Assuming that the conditions to the tender offer are satisfied or waived, tendered 9.700% Notes due 2018 and 9.250% Notes due 2019 will be accepted for purchase on a prorated basis as described in the Offer to Purchase , such that the aggregate principal amount of the Notes accepted in the tender offer equals the Tender Cap. Altria has directed Global Bondholder Services Corporation, the depositary for the tender offer, to promptly return to holders all 9.950% Notes due 2038 and 10.200% Notes due 2039 that were tendered. All 9.700% Notes due 2018 and 9.250% Notes due 2019 tendered and not accepted for purchase will be returned to holders following the Expiration Date in accordance with the terms of the tender offer.
The tender offer for the Notes will expire on the Expiration Date, unless extended or earlier terminated by Altria.
On August 9, 2012, Altria completed an underwritten public offering of senior unsecured notes in an aggregate principal amount sufficient to satisfy the financing condition described in the Offer to Purchase. The tender offer is subject to the satisfaction or waiver of certain other conditions, as specified in the Offer to Purchase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV